Traffic Management Committee Meeting
AGENDA FOR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE – Wednesday 5th July, 7pm
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council Traffic Management Committee will be held on Wednesday July 5th 2023, 7pm, Eccleshall Community Centre, preceding a meeting of the Planning committee.
2. To elect the Chairman and Vice Chairman
3. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday April 5th, 2023
4. Speed Indication Devices: – To consider the costs for installation of an additional post for locating the speed indication devices in Croxton
5. To discuss and consider any new opportunities with regards to parking spaces in town and ongoing parking concerns
- To consider resident correspondence in relation to a potential car park locations and other opportunities
- To note current use of the Co-op car park spaces
6. Response received from FOI request to Staffordshire County Council in relation to potholes within the parish and any actions arising.
- There was no further correspondence received by the date the agenda was issued.
8. Items for next meeting
Date of next meeting – Wednesday 4th October 2023
S. J. Worden………
Clerk to the Council – 29/06/2023
ECCLESHALL PARISH COUNCIL – POLICY AND RESOURCES COMMITTEE – Wednesday, June 7th 2023
A meeting of the Policy and Resources Committee was held on Wednesday, 7th June 2023, following the Enhancements committee meeting, at 8.45pm.
Councillor R. Taylor (Chairman) Councillor C. Wilkins
Councillor D. Hill Councillor D. Hall
Mrs S. J. Worden (Clerk)
No members of the Public
Apologies were received from Cllrs. Perren, G. Dale and L. Dale
2). Election of Chairman / Vice Chairman:-
Councillor R. Taylor was nominated and elected as Chairman for the ensuing year.
There were no nominations for the position of Vice-Chairman. As a result, this was deferred until the next meeting.
3). Minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday March 1st 2023:-
The minutes, which had previously been noted by the Council, were agreed and signed.
4). Budget update 2023/24:
Prior to the meeting, the Clerk circulated an updated report detailing balances and expenditure to date against the budget.
This report was discussed and accepted by members. It was noted that although the budget showed an overspend on the Coronation event, the project did come in under budget due to the additional grants awarded.
5). To consider the Deeds and Insurances:
Members considered the updated deeds and insurances summary report provided by the Clerk and were confident all was in order.
6). To consider the current Business Plan to ensure it is in line with current plans:
It was agreed that the Business Plan needs updating. The Clerk would contact Cllr. Reid to request a meeting of the working group to review the content. The plan needs to be updated in time to inform the upcoming budget planning process. The group could also consider whether the plan would benefit from a longer term view rather than focus on short term budget allocations which makes it more subject to change.
7). Consideration of Grant Requests:
- Bishops Lonsdale PTFA Charity – new play equipment: the committee were very supportive of the project which would provide excellent additional play facilities at the primary school. It was noted that the contribution needs to ensure sufficient funds are still available from the £6,000 annual budget to support other applications up until the end of March 2024. It was resolved to recommend a grant of £1,000 to be awarded.
8). To note receipt of the 22nd March Staffing sub-committee minutes and completion of the Clerks appraisal.
The committee noted that the Clerks appraisal had been completed and no issues were raised.
9). Items for next meeting:-
Any items for the next meeting can be forwarded to the Clerk.
10). Date of next meeting:- Wednesday 6th September 2023, following the Planning committee meeting.
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9.00pm.