Planning Committee Meeting
Planning Committee Agenda
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council Planning Committee will be held on Wednesday November 8th 2023 at 7.30pm, at Eccleshall Community Centre.
2. Declarations of Interest and Councillor requests for dispensation relating to items on the agenda
3. Public Participation
4. To approve the minutes of the Planning Meeting held on October 22nd 2023
5. To note the planning decisions of Stafford Borough Council
6. Planning Applications for consideration (link to the application is within the reference number):-
23/37867/FUL – Alterations to former squash court to create single one bedroom flat. Charnes Farm House Whittington Lane Charnes Croxton.
7. Any Further Applications for Consideration
8. Any Other Planning Matters
- None received by the date the agenda was issued.
- No correspondence was received by the date the agenda was issued.
10. Accounts for payment
11. Date and venue for next meeting:
November 22nd, Eccleshall Community Centre, following a meeting of the Parish Council.
S. J. Worden………
Clerk to the Council – 26/10/2023
ECCLESHALL PARISH COUNCIL – PLANNING COMMITTEE MINUTES
November 8th 2023
A meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council Planning Committee was held on November 8th, 2023, at Eccleshall Community Centre at 7.30pm
203/23). Present were: –
Councillor B. Delanchy (Chairman) Councillor S. Perren
Councillor D. Hall Councillor C. Wilkins
Councillor D. Hill Councillor P. Jones
Councillor R. Taylor Councillor A. Reid
Councillor S. Mifflin Councillor L. Dale
Councillor S. Kean Councillor G. Dale
Councillor C. Ryan-Bloor
Mrs Stacey Worden (Clerk)
No members of the public
Apologies were received from Councillor Langford.
205/23). Public Participation
There was no public participation.
206/23). To approve the minutes of the Planning Committee held on 18th October 2023:
The minutes, which had been previously circulated, were agreed and signed.
207/23). Planning Decisions of Stafford Borough Council:
21/33821/FUL- Demolition of existing workshop and erection of 10 no. dwellings with associated parking and access. Workshop Castle Street Eccleshall. Application Withdrawn.
23/37883/LDC – Lawful Development Certificate Existing – Renovation and extension of existing outbuildings. Building identified on accompanying location map, drawing number 22-46-00. The Laurels Croxton Lane Croxton. Approved.
23/37879/FUL – Development of a new farm access off Langot Lane and the closure of the existing access. Little Blore Farm Langot Lane Fair Oak. Approved.
21/33790/FUL – Proposed conversion of storage outbuildings into dwelling house, form new vehicular access. Beech View Cash Lane Garmelow. Application Withdrawn.
208/23) Planning Applications for consideration:-
23/37867/FUL – Alterations to former squash court to create single one bedroom flat. Charnes Farm House Whittington Lane Charnes Croxton. There were no objections to this application, but the council agreed to request clarification on whether this application will be considered as a new dwelling in the countryside, or a conversion of a farm building.
209/23). To consider any further applications:-
There were no further applications to consider.
210/23). Any Other Planning Matters: –
There were no other planning matters
- Naming of road for the development off Castle Street. Following concerns raised in relation to the proposed name from the developer, the Council were asked to provide suggestions. After also receiving suggestions from the Ecclian Society, names put forward for consideration included Valley View; Castle Meadow; Queen Margaret Meadows (Queen Margaret of Anjou stayed at the castle during the War of the Roses); Walter Walk (a nod to Bishop Walter Langton); Tower Drive (a note to the unique and only seven sided tower in UK at Eccleshall Castle) and Sow Valley Lane.
- Members noted the correspondence advising application ref 22/36548/LBC, Oak Tree Views Newcastle Road has been referred for appeal after refusal by Stafford Borough Council.
212/23). Accounts for payment:-
Authorisation was sought for payment of the following accounts:-
|A.G. Jones – SIDS movement||60.00||0.00||60.00|
|Creative Copy n Colour – Orders of service and Parking survey||92.00||0.00||92.00|
|RC Atkin – Elford Heath blocked pipe – investigation and remedial works||450.00||90.00||540.00|
|Acer – Newport Road advance payment to book traffic management and tipping charges||1940.00||388.00||2328.00|
|P.C. Welding Services Ltd – advance payment for materials||480.00||0.00||480.00|
It was resolved to approve the payments.
213/23) Date and venue for next meeting:
Wednesday 22nd November 2023, at Eccleshall Community Centre following a meeting of the Parish Council.
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 7.55pm.