Planning Committee Meeting
Planning Committee Meeting – Wednesday 5th July 2023, 7.30pm
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council Planning Committee will be held on Wednesday July 5th 2023 at 7.30pm, at Eccleshall Community Centre.
2. Declarations of Interest and Councillor requests for dispensation relating to items on the agenda
3. Public Participation
4. To approve the minutes of the Planning Meeting held on June 21st 2023
5. To note the planning decisions of Stafford Borough Council
6. Planning Applications for consideration (link to the application is within the reference number):-
23/37715/HOU – Proposed two storey and single storey rear extension and external insulation render finish and brick plinth. Mistletoe Cottage Blackwaters Road Offley Hay.
23/37507/COU – Retrospective Change of Use from Class B2 (Workshop) to Class E (gym). Unit 14B Raleigh Hall Industrial Estate Swynnerton Road Sturbridge.
7. Any Further Applications for Consideration
8. Any Other Planning Matters
- No correspondence was received by the date the agenda was issued
10. Accounts for payment
11. Date and venue for next meeting:
July 19th 2023, Broughton Parish Rooms, following a meeting of the Parish Council
S. J. Worden………
Clerk to the Council – 29/06/2023
ECCLESHALL PARISH COUNCIL – PLANNING COMMITTEE MINUTES
July 5th 2023
A meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council Planning Committee was held on July 5th, 2023, at Eccleshall Community Centre at 7.45pm
128/23). Present were: –
Councillor B. Delanchy (Chairman) Councillor P. Jones
Councillor D. Hill Councillor C. Wilkins
Councillor C. Ryan-Bloor Councillor R. Langford
Councillor S. Kean Councillor D. Hall
Councillor S. Mifflin Councillor R. Taylor
Councillor S. Perren Councillor A. Reid
Councillor L. Dale Councillor G. Dale
Mrs Stacey Worden (Clerk)
No members of the public
No apologies were received.
130/23). Public Participation
There was no public participation.
131/23). To approve the minutes of the Planning Committee held on 21st June 2023:
The minutes, which had been previously circulated, were agreed and signed.
132/23). Planning Decisions of Stafford Borough Council:
22/36600/HOU- Retrospective application for window & door on the west elevation being in reversed positions and additional rooflight to what was originally approved on application 02/43352/FUL. (In conjunction with 22/36549/LBC). Oak Tree Views Newcastle Road Eccleshall. Approved.
21/35240/COU – Resubmission of App. Ref. 20/33455/COU – Retrospective change of use of agricultural land to residential use. 16 The Woodlands Cold Meece Stone. Refused.
23/37475/HOU – Demolition of conservatory and replacement with single storey rear/side extension and alteration of existing ground floor windows. Copmere Villa Doley Road Eccleshall. Approved.
133/23) Planning Applications for consideration:-
Cllrs. Jones and Reid abstained from voting on planning applications to avoid any conflict of interests due to duties within Stafford Borough Council.
23/37305/FUL / 23/37306/LBC – Conversion of existing barn into residential accommodation. Barn At Whittington Farm Arn Hill Croxton. It was resolved that although there is no objection in principle to the conversion of this barn, the committee objects in line with policy as it contravenes policy E2 (h) of the Local Plan which states in relation to developments in rural areas that ‘the building is large enough to be converted without the need for additional buildings, new extensions or significant alteration’.
23/37715/HOU – Proposed two storey and single storey rear extension and external insulation render finish and brick plinth. Mistletoe Cottage Blackwaters Road Offley Hay. It was resolved that although there is no objection in principle to the extensions as proposed, the committee objects in line with policy as the proposed extension exceeded 70% of the original dwelling, contravening Policy C5, (C) Extensions or Alterations of The Plan for Stafford Borough.
23/37507/COU – Retrospective Change of Use from Class B2 (Workshop) to Class E (gym). Unit 14B Raleigh Hall Industrial Estate Swynnerton Road Sturbridge. There were no objections to this application.
134/23). To consider any further applications:-
There were no further applications to consider.
135/23). Any Other Planning Matters: –
- Jones advised that both application 23/37149/FUL – Construction of a ground mounted solar farm and 23/37150/FUL – Retrospective planning application at Walton Bank will be considered by the Borough planning committee as opposed to delegation to an officer.
- The Council had received correspondence in relation to 23/37150/FUL, Walton Bank, that disputed the response made by the Parish Council. The committee noted receipt of the correspondence and that ultimately, the Borough Council as part of the decision making process will be able to consider the comments made and assess if they agree with them or not.
137/23). Accounts for payment
Authorisation was sought for payment of the following accounts:-
|Bishops Lonsdale PTFA – grant for play equipment project||1000.00||0.00||1000.00|
|Japhlin – balance of June payment||2.40||0.48||2.88|
|G-Tec Grounds Maintenance – Croxton Park clean £390, lengthsman work at Croxton £270.00||550.00||110.00||660.00|
It was resolved to approve the payments.
138/23) Date and venue for next meeting:
Wednesday 19th July 2023, at Broughton Parish Rooms following the meeting of the Parish Council.
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 8.10pm.