Planning Committee Meeting
PLANNING COMMITTEE AGENDA – 18th October 2023
2. Public Participation.
3. To approve the minutes of Planning Committee Meeting held on October 4th 2023.
4. To note the planning decisions of Stafford Borough Council:-
5. Planning Applications for consideration:- (link to the application is within the reference number):-
23/37851/FUL– To develop the large site off Mere Rise, replacing the existing dwelling with a new build cottage and attached garage. Knowle Villa Cash Lane Offley Marsh
6. To consider any further applications:
7. To consider any other planning matters:-
8. To consider any correspondence received:
- No correspondence had been received by the date the agenda was issued
9. To confirm the date and venue for next meeting:- November 8th, 7.30pm, Eccleshall Community Centre.
Clerk to the council – 10/10/2023
ECCLESHALL PARISH COUNCIL – PLANNING COMMITTEE MINUTES – October 18th 2023
A meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council Planning Committee was held on October 18th 2023, at Eccleshall Parish Council at 9.15pm following the Parish Council meeting.
193/23). Present were: –
Councillor B. Delanchy (Chairman) Councillor S. Perren
Councillor D. Hall Councillor C. Wilkins
Councillor G. Dale Councillor R Langford
Councillor P Jones Councillor A. Reid
Councillor S. Mifflin Councillor L. Dale
Mrs Stacey Worden (Clerk)
No members of the public
Apologies were received from Councillors Kean, Hill, Ryan-Bloor and Taylor.
195/23). Public Participation
There was no public participation.
196/23). To approve the minutes of the Planning Committee held on 4th October 2023:
The minutes, which had been previously circulated, were agreed and signed.
197/23). Planning Decisions of Stafford Borough Council:
23/37801/HOU- New access and drive with single detached garage on Orchard land associated with dwelling. Bank Farm Back Lane Croxton. Application Withdrawn.
23/37945/HOU – Single storey extension to front elevation and garage conversion and single storey rear extension with balcony. Cherry Orchard Bungalow Slindon Road Slindon. Approved.
23/38171/LDC – Lawful Development Certificate Existing – Regularisation of use of land known as The Orchard, as domestic curtilage/ garden. Bank Farm Back Lane Croxton. Approved.
23/37826/HOU – First Floor extension and balcony and removal/ replacement of existing conservatory – Including internal alterations. The Cottage Fair Oak Green Fair Oak. Refused.
22/36599/LBC – Retention of replaced windows to front elevation, and paint removal to walls in vehicle entrance. 54 High Street Eccleshall. Approved.
23/37851/FUL – To develop the large site off Mere Rise, replacing the existing dwelling with a new build cottage and attached garage. Knowle Villa Cash Lane Offley Marsh. Application Withdrawn.
198/23) Planning Applications for consideration:-
23/37851/FUL– To develop the large site off Mere Rise, replacing the existing dwelling with a new build cottage and attached garage. Knowle Villa Cash Lane Offley Marsh.
The application was withdrawn prior to the meeting, so no response was required.
199/23). To consider any further applications:-
There were no further applications to consider.
200/23). Any Other Planning Matters: –
There were no other planning matters.
Correspondence from Stafford Borough Council was received requesting feedback on the proposed name of Muschamp Walk for the new road at land off Castle Street, from Geoffrey de Muschamp, who built Eccleshall Castle around 1200. It was resolved to provide the following feedback:
- The name was difficult to spell and pronounce, which could cause difficulties. A name which is more easily read, spelt and overall more ‘accessible’ would be better.
- It was also advised that whilst Geoffrey Muschamp was responsible for the crenellation of the existing manor house at that time, which then led to the property being known as Eccleshall Castle, the later castle was actually built by Walter Langton, a name which is already used elsewhere.
- The Council would prefer a name that is different to another bishop and would be happy to provide suggestions if needed.
202/23). Date and venue for next meeting:
Wednesday November 8th, Eccleshall Community Centre, 7.30pm
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9.25pm.