Planning Committee Meeting
Planning Committee Meeting – Wednesday 20th September 2023, following a meeting of the Parish Council
2. Public Participation.
3. To approve the minutes of Planning Committee Meeting held on September 6th 2023.
4. To note the planning decisions of Stafford Borough Council:-
5. Planning Applications for consideration:- (link to the application is within the reference number):-
- No applications were received by the date the agenda was issued
6. To consider any further applications:
7. To consider any other planning matters:-
8. To consider any correspondence received:
- To receive the response from Stafford Borough Council in relation to housing stock supply
- To note circulation of consultation for amendments to the Planning Application Validation Criteria document. Information can be found at https://www.staffordbc.gov.uk/local-validation-criteria-consultation
- To receive and consider the resident request to write to the Borough Council planning department to remind them of the Parish Council’s support for Slindon as an area for small scale development prior to publishing of the next local plan draft.
9. To confirm the date and venue for next meeting:- October 4th, 7.30pm, Eccleshall Community Centre.
S. J. Worden………
Clerk to the council – 14/09/2023
ECCLESHALL PARISH COUNCIL – PLANNING COMMITTEE MINUTES
September 20th 2023
A meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council Planning Committee was held on September 20th 2023, at Eccleshall Parish Council at 8.15pm following the Parish Council meeting.
172/23). Present were: –
Councillor B. Delanchy (Chairman) Councillor S. Perren
Councillor D. Hall Councillor C. Wilkins
Councillor C. Ryan-Bloor Councillor D. Hill
Councillor R. Taylor Councillor A. Reid
Councillor S. Mifflin Councillor L. Dale
Councillor S. Kean Councillor G. Dale
Councillor R Langford
Mrs Stacey Worden (Clerk)
One member of the public
Apologies were received from Councillor Jones.
174/23). Public Participation
There was no public participation.
175/23). To approve the minutes of the Planning Committee held on 6th September 2023:
The minutes, which had been previously circulated, were agreed and signed.
176/23). Planning Decisions of Stafford Borough Council:
22/36551/FUL- Agricultural building to store fodder and crops grown on the holding – Phase 2. Walton Farm Stafford Road Walton. Application Withdrawn.
23/37864/FUL – Extension of clubhouse facilities to provide a new clubhouse entrance, additional communal space, servery space, kitchen storage area, reconfigured wc facilities, and external seating area. Eagles Park Swynnerton Road Sturbridge. Approved.
23/37197/HOU – New roof to existing single storey rear extension, Replacement sun room to front elevation & new outbuilding. Meaford House Slindon Road Slindon. Approved.
177/23) Planning Applications for consideration:-
There were no applications for consideration.
178/23). To consider any further applications:-
There were no further applications to consider.
179/23). Any Other Planning Matters: –
- Members received the response from Stafford Borough Council in relation to available housing stock supply. This was in response to the Council’s concerns over a recent appeal decision in the Borough of Newcastle Under Lyme which allowed developers to obtain permission to build in an area that should have been protected by a Neighbourhood Plan. However, the plan was overruled due to NUL Borough Council being unable to evidence a 5 year supply of Housing Stock and the plan being over 5 years old. Stafford Borough Council confirmed that it has housing stock in place of more than 5 years and has consistently met this policy test over a number of years. In addition it was confirmed that on this basis, Eccleshall Neighbourhood Plan, and the Plan for Stafford Borough, are valid ans can continue to be used as the basis for planning decisions.
- Members noted the circulation of consultation for amendments to the Planning Application Validation Criteria document and were invited to respond to the consultation if they had opinions to contribute.
- Members considered the resident request to write to the Borough Council planning department to remind them of the Parish Council’s support for Slindon as an area for small scale development prior to publishing of the next local plan draft. Within the response to the Local Plan Issues and Options Consultation, the Council advised the Borough that Slindon would benefit from smaller infill development proposals. It was resolved to write to Stafford Borough Council to reiterate its support of this and request inclusion within the next draft of the Local Plan.
No correspondence has been received.
181/23). Date and venue for next meeting:
Wednesday October 4th, Eccleshall Community Centre, 7.30pm
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 8.25pm.