Planning Committee Meeting
PLANNING COMMITTEE AGENDA – Wednesday 18th January 2023, following the meeting of the Parish Council
2. Public Participation.
3. To approve the minutes of Planning Committee Meeting held on January 4th 2023.
4. To note the planning decisions of Stafford Borough Council:-
5. Planning Applications for consideration:- (link to the application is within the reference number):-
22/36546/HOU & 22/36548/LBC – Removal of existing structure at front of property and long shed to rear. New log burner to existing building & new build outbuilding for machinery to maintain grounds. Oak Tree Views Newcastle Road Eccleshall.
22/36438/HOU – Form 2 storey extension to side, bay window to front and chimney to side. New House 62A Stone Road Eccleshall.
6. To consider any further applications:
7. To consider any other planning matters:-
- To provide an update on Locality grant funding and technical support opportunities
8. To consider any correspondence received:
- Correspondence from St. Modwen in relation to a development proposal near Beacon Hill, Stafford.
- Resident correspondence to consider query regarding erection of building without consent and reporting to SBC enforcement.
9. To confirm the date and venue for next meeting:- February 1st 2023, 7.30pm, Eccleshall Community Centre.
Clerk to the council – 12/01/2023
ECCLESHALL PARISH COUNCIL – PLANNING COMMITTEE MINUTES – January 18th 2023
A meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council Planning Committee was held on January 18th, 2023, at Eccleshall Community Centre at 8.55pm following the Parish Council meeting.
12/23). Present were: –
Councillor B. Delanchy (Chairman) Councillor P. Jones
Councillor A. Reid Councillor C. Wilkins
Councillor C. Ryan-Bloor Councillor R. Taylor
Councillor S. Perren Councillor S. Kean
Councillor D. Hill
Mrs Stacey Worden (Clerk)
No members of the public
Apologies were received from Councillors J. Jones, Mifflin, G. Dale, L. Dale, Leather and Langford
14/23). Public Participation
There was no public participation.
15/23). To approve the minutes of the Planning Committee held on 4th January 2022:
The minutes, which had been previously circulated, were agreed and signed.
16/23). Planning Decisions of Stafford Borough Council:
22/36813/FUL – Removal of condition 6 (use of menage) on 17/26568/COU. Corner Farm Green Lane Sugnall. Application Withdrawn.
22/36518/FUL – To replace existing windows to front elevation with new white timber sash windows and to render over existing painted brickwork with a lime-based mortar render, off white. 35A High Street Eccleshall. Approved.
22/35914/HOU – Alterations to rear wall, demolition of existing garage, revised fencing to east elevation and revised vehicular access. 25 Redhills Eccleshall. Application Withdrawn.
17/23) Planning Applications for consideration:-
Cllr. P. Jones abstained from voting on planning applications to avoid any conflict of interests as a current member of the Borough Council planning committee.
22/36546/HOU & 22/36548/LBC – Removal of existing structure at front of property and long shed to rear. New log burner to existing building & new build outbuilding for machinery to maintain grounds. Oak Tree Views Newcastle Road Eccleshall. As there was no material change to the previously submitted application, it was resolved to continue to object to this application in line with the objections of the Borough Council Planning Officer who considers that ‘the proposal is considered to be contrary to policies E2, N1, N4 and N9 of TPSB, together with paragraphs 130, 180 (a), 199 and 202 of the NPPF.’ and the comments of the Conservation Officer who notes the location of the outbuilding to be inappropriate in conservation terms with appearing out of keeping with the existing historic pattern of development.
22/36438/HOU – Form 2 storey extension to side, bay window to front and chimney to side. New House 62A Stone Road Eccleshall. There were no objections to this application.
22/36822/HOU & 22/36862/LBC – Retrospective application for the retention of unauthorised replacement wall of listed building. 45 High Street Eccleshall. There were no objections to this application.
18/23). To consider any further applications:-
There were no further applications to consider.
Members asked if the extension under construction at the old police post has obtained planning permission and it was agreed the Clerk will check.
19/23). Any Other Planning Matters: –
- It was noted that although the Locality grant funding is due to finish at the end of March 23, Locality have advised that new funding cycles are often not announced until closer to the end date so there may be a new funding cycle approved. With regards to providing a health check service for an existing Neighbourhood Plan, this is available once a plan is under review.
- Correspondence from St. Modwen in relation to a development proposal near Beacon Hill, Stafford. The development is near Hopton and is nowhere near Eccleshall Parish. It was agreed that it would not be appropriate to meet or support/comment on a proposal that affects residents that are not within this parish.
- Concerns have been raised in relation to the erection of a large garage at a property in Slindon and whether planning permission was required for the building and an adjacent solar array. It was resolved to refer this to Stafford Borough Council enforcement for its consideration.
21/23) Date and venue for next meeting:
Wednesday February 1st, Eccleshall Community Centre, 7.30pm
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9.15pm.