Planning Committee Meeting
Planning Committee Agenda – Wednesday 16th November 2022
2. Public Participation
3. To approve the minutes of Planning Committee Meeting held on November 2nd 2022
4. To note the planning decisions of Stafford Borough Council:-
5. Planning Applications for consideration:- (Click on the reference number for link to application):-
22/36070/FUL – Erection of new barn. Construction of new access track and new access to highway. Creation of new flood compensation zone pond. Land Adjacent Yewtree Farm Slindon Lane Slindon.
22/36378/FUL – 10MW battery storage facility. Aspley House Farm, Aspley Lane, Slindon.
22/35639/HOU – Extension to Badenhall Lodge and conversion and extension to the existing garage to form ancillary aged relative accommodation. Badenhall Lodge Swynnerton Road Sturbridge.
22/35902/HOU – Proposed side extension and minor alterations to existing fenestration. 27 Green Lane Eccleshall
6. To consider any further applications:
7. To consider any other planning matters:-
- To receive an update from the working group on the response to the Local Plan Preferred Options consultation
8. To consider any correspondence received:
- To receive the correspondence from Balfours and agree a response regarding involvement in a future consultation event for Walk Mill
9. To confirm the date and venue for next meeting:- December 7th 2022, 7.30pm, Eccleshall Community Centre
S. J. Worden………
Clerk to the Council – 10/11/2022
ECCLESHALL PARISH COUNCIL – PLANNING COMMITTEE MINUTES – November 16th 2022
A meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council Planning Committee was held on November 16th 2022, Eccleshall Community Centre at 8.20pm following the Parish Council meeting.
171/22). Present were: –
Councillor J. Jones (Chairman) Councillor A. Reid
Councillor R. Langford Councillor D. Hill
Councillor R. Taylor Councillor L. Dale
Councillor S. Mifflin Councillor S. Perren
Councillor G. Dale Councillor S. Kean
Councillor C. Ryan-Bloor Councillor P. Jones (from 8.34pm)
Mrs Stacey Worden (Clerk)
Two members of the public
Apologies were received from Councillors Leather, Wilkins, P. Jones and Delanchy.
173/22). Public Participation
Cllr. D. Hill spoke to provide further information on application 22/36070/FUL. Cllr. D. Hill declared an interest in this application as one of the applicants and therefore will not be involved in the discussion or vote on the response.
174/22). To approve the minutes of the Planning Committee held on 2nd November 2022:
The minutes, which had been previously circulated, were agreed and signed.
175/22). Planning Decisions of Stafford Borough Council:
22/36272/DCLB – Discharge of conditions 3, 6, 7 & 8 on 21/35334/LBC. 9 Church Street Eccleshall. Discharge of conditions.
176/22) Planning Applications for consideration:-
Cllr. P. Jones abstained from voting on planning applications to avoid any conflict of interests as a current member of the Borough Council planning committee.
22/36070/FUL – Erection of new barn. Construction of new access track and new access to highway. Creation of new flood compensation zone pond. Land Adjacent Yewtree Farm Slindon Lane Slindon. It was resolved to object to this application on the following grounds:
- There is insufficient detail of the proposed highway access
- No inclusion of previous work already undertaken in order to obtain retrospective approval.
22/36378/FUL – 10MW battery storage facility. Aspley House Farm, Aspley Lane, Slindon. There were no objections to this application.
22/35639/HOU – Extension to Badenhall Lodge and conversion and extension to the existing garage to form ancillary aged relative accommodation. Badenhall Lodge Swynnerton Road Sturbridge. It was resolved to object to this application on the following grounds:
- The proposed extension exceeds 70% of the original dwelling, in accordance with Policy C5, (C) Extensions or Alterations of The Plan for Stafford Borough.
- It is for a new dwelling in the countryside and as such, contrary to Policy C4 of the Plan for Stafford Borough
22/35902/HOU – Proposed side extension and minor alterations to existing fenestration. 27 Green Lane Eccleshall. There were no objections to this application.
177/22). To consider any further applications:-
There were no further applications to consider.
178/22). Any Other Planning Matters: –
Members received an update from the Local Plan consultation working group:
- Work is ongoing to formulate a response to the consultation and a copy of the working group update notes dated 11th November were received by the committee.
- A meeting is being arranged between Pc representatives from Eccleshall, Yarnfield & Cold Meece and Chebsey to meet with senior officers involved in the Local Plan proposal to understand more about the reasoning behind the Meecebrook location selection and to answer any further questions. The Clerk will advise availability and look to book a room at the Community Centre.
- The final response proposal is on track to be completed at the next Working Group meeting for consideration at the 7th December Planning meeting. The response will be circulated in advance.
- Members were urged to submit their own feedback independently, even if in some cases it was a reiteration of the planned submission by the Council.
- Attendance was good at the Eccleshall Consultation event and it was clear the majority of questions and concerns related to Meecebrook.
- The working group membership now includes a co-opted member of the public with planning experience.
179/22). Correspondence: –
Members considered the correspondence from Balfours regarding the proposed restoration of The Walk Mill and the associated enabling development. Balfours advised they hope the application to become live in January and wish to arrange for a public consultation, suggested to consist of a one day exhibition of the proposals followed by an evening meeting for further discussion. The PC has been asked if they wish to host and chair the evening meeting.
It was resolved to respond to Balfours to support the suggestion for a day exhibition followed by an evening public meeting but it was agreed Balfours should host and chair as the Council wishes to remain impartial. Offley Hay Village Hall would be the most suitable venue and the Clerk can help with raising awareness of the event. Councillors will attend the meeting and if necessary, request to meet with representatives prior to the start of the main meeting if clarification of the proposals are required. It was also noted that the timing needs to be ahead of the response submission deadline.
180/22). Date and venue for next meeting:
Wednesday December 7th 2022, Eccleshall Community Centre, 7.30pm
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 8.55pm.