Parish Council Meeting
You are summoned to attend a meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council, to be held at 7.30pm on Wednesday 22nd June 2022 at Offley Hay Village Hall. This will be followed by a meeting of the Planning Committee.
1. To receive and note apologies for absence
2. Declarations of Interest and Councillor requests for dispensation relating to items on the agenda.
3. Public Participation
4. To approve the minutes of the Annual Parish Council meeting held on May 18th, 2022 and the Annual Public Meeting held on 11th May 2022
5. To receive any reports from Borough and County Councillors and police representatives.
6. Committee Updates:
- No updates to report.
- To provide an update on the Borough Council bench to bench walks project.
- To note the minutes of the meeting held on the 8th June 2022.
- To approve the recommended quotation to repair the wetpour surface at Croxton play area.
- To approve the recommendation to purchase bulbs for planting in the Eyeswell by residents up to £50, in lieu of rhododendron bushes.
- To approve the recommendation to write to the Borough Council to request refurbishment of the public toilets
- To approve the quotation to replace the sign at Croxton Play area
Policy and Resources:
- To note the minutes of the meeting held on the 8th June 2022
- To approve the recommendation for the grant towards a defibrillator to be sited at the library.
- To provide a brief summary of the Jubilee project.
7. To consider a proposal for the Climate change working group to work on a project for Eccleshall to attain ‘Bee Friendly Town’ status.
8. To consider and approve costs for the proposal to provide a joint reflection space consisting of a bench and tree with Holy Trinity Church.
9. To receive an update on the planned works to the water pipes at Eccleshall Allotments and to consider any quotations received from the Allotments Association to pay for the required further works to improve the supply.
10. To provide an update to discussions with Stafford Borough Council regarding the Eagle Street Art location
11. To confirm the convening of a Civic Service and dates for consideration.
12. To receive and consider feedback from the Community Forum post event survey.
13. Eccleshall Festival:
- To consider a grant application towards a bouncy castle.
- To request permission to site bouncy castle on the Jubilee field off Hartlands Road.
14. To receive the Clerks Report, containing liaison representative updates.
- No correspondence was received for discussion by the date the agenda was issued
16. To receive the Chairman’s Report
17. Financial Matters:
- To accept the Financial report and bank reconciliation to 30th May 2022.
- To approve accounts for payment June 2022
- To consider the options for the Community Centre insurance renewal
18. To request any future agenda items and confirm the date and venue for the next meeting – 20th July 2022, Broughton Parish Rooms, 7.30pm.
S. J. Worden………
Clerk to the council – 16/06/2022
Minutes of the Meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council held on 22 JUNE 2022
A meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council was held at Offley Hay Village Hall on 22 June 2022 at 7.30pm. This meeting was followed by a meeting of the Planning Committee at 8.45 pm.
Prior to the meeting, the Council held a minutes silence for the passing of Councillor Eileen Amos, a long standing councillor who had dedicated many years to the service of Eccleshall.
The meeting opened with prayers
87/22). Present were:-
Councillor P. Jones (Chairman) Councillor J. Leather
Councillor R. Taylor Councillor J. Jones
Councillor G. Dale Councillor A. Reid
Councillor C. Wilkins Councillor S. Mifflin
Councillor B. Delanchy Councillor R. Langford
Councillor S. Kean
Mrs Stacey Worden (Clerk)
Two members of the public
88/22.) Apologies were received from Cllrs. Perren, Hill, L. Dale and Borough and County Councillor J. Pert.
89/22). To consider Declarations of Interest and Councillor requests for dispensation relating to items on the agenda.
Councillors G. Dale, J. Jones and P. Jones declared an interest in item 99/22 relating to the Eccleshall Festival and will not vote on the item.
90/22). Public Participation:
A resident advised the individuals responsible for the recent spate of antisocial behaviour involving egg throwing have been identified by the police. It is not yet know what course of action will be taken.
Concerns were raised about the toilet vandalism and whether CCTV would be beneficial. The resident will contact the nearby pub to discuss the possibility of locating cameras and a monitor on their premises.
The council was advised that outstanding funds held by the Neighbourhood Watch scheme will be donated to Eccleshall First Responders.
91/22). To approve the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on May 18th 2022 and the Public Meeting held on 11th May.
The minutes, which had been previously circulated, were agreed and signed.
92/22). Report from the Borough Councillor, County Councillor, and police representatives
Cllr. P. Jones had provided a report for inclusion in the Clerks Report.
93/22). Committee Updates:
There was no update to report.
- The new Parish Bench walks booklet has been printed and distributed to the library.
- A new draft of the Borough Council Doorstep Walks brochure has been received and returned with further amendments. It is now nearing completion.
- The circular walks will be the next project to progress, aiming for 9/10 routes to be put together in a new brochure.
- The minutes of the meeting held on the 8th June 2022 were noted
- To was resolved to approve the recommendation to repair the wetpour surface at Croxton play area by Streetscape at a cost of £2185 plus VAT.
- It was resolved to approve the recommendation to purchase bulbs for planting in the Eyeswell by residents up to £50, in lieu of rhododendron bushes.
- It was resolved to approve the recommendation to write to the Borough Council to request refurbishment of the public toilets.
- It was resolved to approve the recommendation to approve the quotation to replace the sign at Croxton Play area at a cost of £47 plus VAT.
Policy and Resources:
- Noted the minutes of the meeting held on 8th June 2022
- It was resolved to approve the recommendation that a grant of £400 be awarded towards the cost of a defibrillator, to be located outside the Library.
Cllr. Taylor provided a summary of the Jubilee project:
- Feedback from the 4 days has been that all the events were highly successful. It was a team effort by all committee members, the Clerk and a team of volunteers who helped as marshals, waiting staff and litter pickers. There were also many other successful events put on by other organisations which all contributed to a full 4 days of activities.
- Links were established with Bishops Lonsdale Primary School, and it is hoped these can be built on for the future.
- A film student was commissioned to produce a short film of the Jubilee celebrations and this is nearing completion. It will be available for all to view in due course and will be promoted on the Council website and Facebook.
- The project was within budget and in addition £286 was raised from the cake sales, to be split between Katharine House and Eccleshall First Responders.
- A letter was read out from a local resident, thanking the Parish Council for the time and energy invested to ensure the success of the Jubilee Celebrations.
- Thanks were given by councillors to the events committee.
94/22). To consider a proposal for the Climate Change working group to work on a project for Eccleshall to attain ‘Bee Friendly Town’ status.
It was resolved to approve the Climate Change working group to explore this initiative and report back with ways in which the Parish can contribute to create a bee friendly town.
95/22) To consider and approve costs for the proposal to provide a joint reflection space consisting of a bench and tree with Holy Trinity Church.
The Clerk will progress this proposal with church representatives and bring back costs to the Council for consideration once final details have been confirmed. The council were in favour of this proposal in principle.
96/22). To receive an update on the planned works to the water pipes at Eccleshall Allotments and to consider any quotations received from the Allotments Association for further works to improve the supply.
The work to complete the loop of the existing water supply is still to be completed and the Clerk will chase for a start date.
The Allotments Society has received a quotation from Severn Trent for the works to install a new meter and larger connection pipe. One other contractor has declined to quote as they cannot match the price. It was noted that a large proportion of the cost is for the mandatory road closure.
At present it is unknown what contribution the Association will request. It was also felt it would be beneficial to see what effect the initial works will have on the water supply before further works are agreed.
The Allotments Society will discuss this at its next meeting in July and report back in due course.
97/22). Eagle Street Art discussions with Stafford Borough Council.
The proposal to site the Eagle on the open space near to the toilet area is still awaiting a decision from Stafford Borough Council. The Council will continue to press for a decision.
98/22). To confirm the convening of a Civic Service and dates for consideration.
It was agreed to proceed with arrangements to hold a civic service, and St. Peters in Broughton will be approached to request if if they will hold the service. Potential dates suggested are the 9th or 16th October.
99/22). Feedback from the Community Forum post event survey.
Members noted the survey feedback was positive overall and most organisations noted it was beneficial to attend and would do so in the future. Feedback regarding changes in layout were noted and would be considered for the next forum. It was observed that the next forum would have to be held after the May elections, to avoid the purdah period.
100/22). Eccleshall Festival
- It was resolved to approve a grant of £280 for a bouncy castle on the 25th
- It was resolved to give permission to site bouncy castle on the Jubilee field off Hartlands Road. It was noted that the company used is the same as the one for the Jubilee, so all insurance and risk assessment documentation is already held.
101/22). Clerk’s report, containing liaison representative updates.
The report was received and noted.
No correspondence was received.
103/22). Chairman’s Report:-
Cllr. P. Jones advised of the resignation of the Assistant Clerk, Mrs. B. Partridge, which was noted by the Council. Her last working date will be Thursday 14th July. The Staffing Committee will meet in due course to consider future plans of the council and if any additional staffing resource will be needed moving forward. Members were asked to consider future projects ahead of the July Parish Council meeting, where any plans will be discussed in order to inform the staffing committee ahead of its meeting.
104/22). Financial Matters
- To accept the Financial report and bank reconciliation to 30th May 2022:
It was resolved to accept the financial summary, which includes the bank reconciliation up to and including 30 May 2022.
Payments made since the last full Council meeting were received and noted as follows:
|Regular monthly payment (Standing Orders/Direct Debits):|
|Japhlin – maintenance contract||46.35||9.27||55.62|
|Paid since the last meeting:|
|1st Eccleshall Scout Group – newsletter delivery||150.00||150.00|
|Rob Keyzor Tree Surgeons – Copmere fallen tree removal||575.00||115.00||690.00|
|Trent Grounds Maintenance – Stone Road pavement||705.00||141.00||846.00|
|RH Traffic Management Limited – traffic control, Elford Heath||572.20||114.44||686.64|
|Creative Copy n Colour – Jubilee marketing materials and footpaths
|Allotments Association – Severn Trent survey reimbursement||170.86||170.86|
|Glasdon – memorial bench Elford Heath||670.49||134.10||804.59|
|TGM – grounds maintenance May||608.00||121.60||729.60|
|Sal’s Catering – Jubilee Afternoon teas and Thanksgiving service||1,600.00||1,600.00|
|Victoria Stilwell – Jubilee performance, Beacon lighting||130.00||130.00|
|Thomas Ellison – filming and photography, Jubilee||330.00||330.00|
|Libby Dale – reimbursements – Jubilee afternoon teas||51.96||7.30||59.26|
|Mr Mark Shakeshaft – Piper for Beacon lighting||150.00||150.00|
- To approve accounts for payment June 2022:-
Authorisation was sought for payment of the following accounts:
|Staffing Expenses (cheques £164.20), balance s/o)||211.77||28.13||239.90|
|Gallagher – Community Centre Insurance||1,846.29||1,846.29|
|A.G. Jones – SIDS movement||120.00||120.00|
|Graham Cole – Footpaths maintenance||168.95||168.95|
|Katharine House Hospice – donation from Jubilee Cake Sale||143.00||143.00|
|Eccleshall First Responders – donation from Jubilee Cake Sale||143.00||143.00|
All were in favour and the cheques were signed accordingly.
- It was resolved to approve the payment of the Community Centre insurance renewal from Gallagher. From January 2023, the main Council policy will no longer be under a fixed term agreement and the Clerk will look at options to amalgamate the two policies to see if this is more cost effective.
105/22). Items / Date and Venue for next meeting:-
The next meeting of the Parish Council is scheduled for 20th July, 2022, at Broughton Parish Rooms at 7.30pm. Agenda items can be forwarded to the Clerk for consideration.
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 8.45pm.