Parish Council Meeting
You are summoned to attend a meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council, to be held at 7.30pm on Thursday September 15th 2021 at Eccleshall Community Centre. This will be followed by a meeting of the Planning Committee.
1. To receive and note apologies for absence
2. Declarations of Interest and Councillor requests for dispensation relating to items on the agenda.
3. Public Participation
4. To approve the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on July 21st, 2021.
5. To note the resignation of Cllr. P. Stenning
6. Co-option of Councillor to Town Ward vacancy
- Signing of Declarations of Acceptance of Office and Disclosable Pecuniary & Personal Interest Forms.
7. To receive any reports from Borough and County Councillors and police representatives.
8. Committee Updates:
- No updates to report.
- Erection of signs to advise dogs on leads (fp 17)
- To consider the proposal to work with the Borough Council’s Doorstep Walks project, to jointly produce short walks leaflets and to appoint councillors to help with content provision.
- To note the minutes of the committee meeting held on the 18th August
- To consider additional pool signage at Elford Heath.
- To provide an update on the information obtained regarding refurbishment of the Cheshire fencing at Elford Heath
- BT phone box update – to consider and approve costs for painting.
- To consider and approve cost to repaint the Pillar Clock plaques (Eccleshall Crest)
- Update on Croxton Play area repairs
- Update – outdoor gym scoping exercise
- To consider and approve recommendation to write to Co-Op to request enforcement action to prevent cigarette butt littering by tenants above the Co-op
- To consider the recommendation to suggest a former resident sites a memorial bench on Elford Heath instead of the SCC owned land at the top of Kerry Lane.
- To approve the recommendation to write to residents of Market Fields concerning the upkeep of the wall adjacent to Stafford Street.
- To consider the proposal for Eccleshall WI to site a tree and plaque on the Eyeswell to commemorate its centenary year.
Policy and Resources:
- To note the minutes of the committee meeting held on the 1st
- To consider and approve the recommendation to accept the Deeds and Insurances review
- To consider the proposal for annual sponsorship of Eccleshall First Responders.
- To consider and approve the recommendation to re-adopt the following policies:
- Internal Audit Controls
- Grievance Policy
- Bullying and Harassment Policy
- Investment Policy
- To consider and approve the recommendation to confirm satisfactory completion of the probationary period for the Assistant Clerk.
- To note the minutes of the committee meeting held on the 18th
- To consider the proposal for the Jubilee celebrations, recommended committee budget and scope of delegated authority and resulting recommendations to update current budget and virement of funds.
- To consider and approve the recommendation to hold a public meeting on the 30th September to discuss the Platinum Jubilee celebrations.
- To consider the recommendation to grant permission to Eccleshall Health and Wellbeing group to use Bishops Court open space for a community picnic and to consider any financial support.
Sustainability and Climate Change Working Group:
- Update on BiFor visit and current discussion points
9. To consider a motion to lobby for reinstatement of the vacant seat scheme on County Council School buses.
10. To provide any updates on the Eagle Street Art project.
11. To consider and approve a plan for publicising the Business Plan.
12. To consider any plans for a public meeting in addition to the annual meeting held in April.
13. To consider and adopt the new Bring Your Own Device Policy, following feedback from the SPCA.
14. To receive the Clerks Report, containing liaison representative updates.
- To receive the correspondence from Stafford Borough Council with regards to Covid-19 commemorative activities and provision of reflective spaces and to consider any ideas for the Parish.
- To discuss the resident request for adoption of litter bins on Sancerre Grange
- To consider a resident request to install hedgehog signs within the parish to reduce road deaths, or other measures of protection.
- To consider resident correspondence regarding dead trees on Sancerre Grange.
16. To receive the Chairman’s Report
17. Financial Matters:
· To accept the Financial report to end August 2021.
· To approve accounts for payment September 2021.
- To receive the completed Annual Return for 2020-21, with no issues identified by the auditors. Click here to view completed accounts report (2020-21 section).
18. To request any future agenda items and confirm the date and venue for next meeting – 20th October 2021, Eccleshall Community Centre, 7.30pm, pending any changes to current government advice.
Clerk to the council – 09/09/2021