Parish Council Meeting
You are summoned to attend a meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council, to be held at 7.30pm on Wednesday July 21st 2021 at Broughton Parish Rooms. This will be followed by a meeting of the Planning Committee.
1. To receive and note apologies for absence
2. Declarations of Interest and Councillor requests for dispensation relating to items on the agenda.
3. Public Participation (residents are asked to contact the Clerk in advance if they wish to speak, to assist in the online meeting administration).
4. To approve the minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on May 5th, 2021.
5. To receive any reports from Borough and County Councillors.
6. Committee Updates:
- No updates to report
- Update regarding purchase of new strimmer and approval to dispose of current strimmer as beyond economical repair.
- To consider undertaking a scoping exercise on potential locations and associated costs for outdoor gym equipment.
- To feedback on the tree works on the Eyeswell Open space and agree a course of action for the remaining works to 2 x Ash and 1 x Robinia.
- To consider and select a quotation for repairs to the log walk at Croxton play area
- To provide feedback on the Helping Hand fund.
Policy and Resources:
- No updates to report
7. To consider the draft Business Plan for 2021-2024
8. To consider any nominations for the SBC Community Awards – categories/forms can be found at http://www.staffordbc.gov.uk/communityawards
9. To provide an update on the new website.
10. To consider whether to hold a Civic Service in October 2021.
11. To consider and adopt the new Communications Policy, which incorporates the existing Social Media policy
12. To consider and adopt the new ‘Bring your own device’ policy.
13. To receive minutes of the Bishops Wood working party and consider recommendations.
14. To receive the Clerks Report, containing liaison representative updates.
- To receive the introductory letter from Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Station Manager.
- To consider resident request to liaise with Borough Council to provide signage on shared access to fp17 in relation to the increased fly tipping and concerns about dangers to dogs off lead and vehicle access.
16. To receive the Chairman’s Report.
17. Financial Matters:
· To accept the Financial report to end June 2021.
· To note payments made since last meeting under delegated authority to the Clerk.
· To approve accounts for payment July 2021.
- To approve delegation to the Clerk for dealing with items of emergency and payment of accounts until the next Parish Council meeting, in consultation with the Chairman and Vice Chairman.
19. To request any future agenda items and confirm the date and venue for next meeting – 15th September 2021, Eccleshall Community Centre, 7.30pm, pending any changes to current government advice.
S. J. Worden………
Clerk to the council – 15/07/2021