Planning Committee Meeting
Planning committee agenda
2. Public Participation.
3. To approve the minutes of Planning Committee Meeting held on September 2nd, 2020.
4. To note the planning decisions of Stafford Borough Council:-
5. Planning Applications for consideration:-
20/33025/HOU– Double storey side extension including enlargement to front porch and (rear dormer under PD. Wayside Cottage Newport Road Wootton Eccleshall.
6. To consider any further applications:
7. To consider any other planning matters:-
8. To consider any correspondence received:
- Response from Stone Town Council to the SBC planning department regarding the consultation process
- Response from Taylor Wimpey regarding ground maintenance issues.
9. To confirm the date and venue for next meeting:- October 7th 2020, 7.30pm, via Zoom, pending any changes to current government advice.
Please note the following meeting dates:-
At present, there are no committee meetings scheduled.
S. J. Worden, Clerk to the council – 17/09/2020
Planning committee Minutes
103/20). Present were:-
Councillor B. Delanchy (Chairman)
Councillor L. Dale
Councillor R. Taylor
Councillor R. Langford
Councillor G. Dale
Councillor P. Jones
Councillor J. Jones
Councillor P. Stenning
Councillor E. Amos
Councillor S. Mifflin
Councillor S. Perren
Councillor C. Wilkins
Councillor S. Kean
Mrs S.J. Worden (Clerk)
No members of the public
Apologies were received from Councillors Watson and Leather.
104/20). Public Participation:-
105/20). Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on September 2nd, 2020:-
The minutes, which had been previously circulated, were agreed and will be signed at the earliest opportunity.
106/20). Planning Decisions of Stafford Borough Council:-
20/32691/HOU- Proposed ground floor rear family room extension. 41 Overton Close Eccleshall. Approved.
20/32645/HOU – Variation of condition of 2 on 14/21539/HOU. Pershall Lodge Copmere Lane Eccleshall. Approved.
20/32698/HOU – Single storey side and rear extension. 48 Southwell Estate Eccleshall. Approved.
It was noted that future decision summary sheets circulated by the Clerk would note the response sent as object or no objection, to ensure consistency with the submitted response.
107/20). Planning Applications for consideration:-
20/33025/HOU– Double storey side extension including enlargement to front porch and (rear dormer under PD. Wayside Cottage Newport Road Wootton Eccleshall. There were no objections to this application.
108/20). Any further applications for consideration:-
20/33004/FUL – Change of use of land to increase size of cricket pitch with new boundary fencing
and replacement of existing fencing. Eccleshall Cricket Club Chester Road Eccleshall. There were no objections to this application.
20/32914/FUL – The erection of a cubicle shed for dairy cattle. Old House Farm, Kempsage Lane, Garmelow. There were no objections to this application.
109/20). Any Other Planning Matters:-
There were no other planning matters.
- Response from Stone Town Council to the Borough Planning Department regarding the SBC response to the concerns raised about the current planning consultation process. It was noted that Stone TC had similar concerns to Eccleshall PC and had reiterated the opinion that elected bodies should have the right to speak at a planning committee. Cllr. P. Jones advised that the SBC constitution would need to be changed to reflect this, but it is a document that is reviewed annually.
- Response from Taylor Wimpey regarding ground maintenance issues. Taylor Wimpey provided a very positive response to the issues raised:
- The chain link fence on public footpath 13 will be inspected with a view to either repair sections as necessary, or to remove where close board fencing is in place.
- Their landscapers will attend and complete necessary works to tidy the hedgerow and open spaces within their ownership.
- With regards to road completion works, a programme is underway to complete all works required for the site to be adopted by the County Council. Ground workers will attend and initially complete gulley works, further works will then follow.
- The public footpath to the front of Taylor Wimpey – TW has confirmed any works required to this area where they are liable will be undertaken as part of the estate completion works.
It was resolved for the Clerk to ask Taylor Wimpey about their plans for the area at the front of the development where the sales office/car park was located, as it is currently in an unfit state.
111/20). Date and venue for next meeting:
October 7th, 2020, Via Zoom online meeting, 7.30pm.
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9.10pm.