Footpaths Committee Meeting
FOOTPATHS COMMITTEE AGENDA
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council Footpaths Committee will be held on Wednesday 2nd February 2022, at 7pm, Eccleshall Community Centre, preceding the planning committee meeting.
2. To approve the minutes of the meetings held on November 3rd 2021
3. Footpath Marshall reports.
4. Review of current maintenance schedule, work completed to date and the forward strategy for ongoing maintenance.
5. Footpath Walks leaflets:
- To provide an update on the Doorstep Walks project with SBC
- To provide an update on the circular walks project
6. To provide an update on the replacement gate at the junction of footpaths 13 and 15 off Church St.
7. Update on Keep Eccleshall Tidy Team (KETT) and ongoing concerns
- None was received at the date the agenda was issued
9. Items for next meeting.
10. Date of next meeting – 4th May 2022
S. J. Worden………
Clerk to the Council – 27/01/2022
ECCLESHALL PARISH COUNCIL – FOOTPATHS COMMITTEE – Wednesday, February 2nd, 2022
A meeting of the Footpaths Committee was held on Wednesday, February 2nd, at 7pm at Eccleshall Community Centre.
Councillor R. Taylor (Chair) Councillor C. Wilkins
Councillor P. Jones Councillor J. Leather
Councillor. S. Mifflin
Mr. N. Davenport Mr. E. Ranson
Mrs S. J. Worden (Clerk)
Observers: Cllr. A. Reid, J. Jones.
1). Apologies:- Apologies were received from Cllr. Perren and Mr. Graham Cole.
2). To approve the minutes of the meetings held on November 3rd 2021.
The minutes of the meetings were approved and signed.
3). Footpath Marshall reports
There were no new Footpath Marshall reports to receive.
4). Review of current maintenance schedule, work completed to date and considering a forward strategy for ongoing maintenance.
The updated maintenance schedule was circulated for information prior to the meeting. There has been limited activity due to the time of year and lack of issues reported.
5) Footpath Walks leaflets
- Update on the Stafford Borough Council Walks Project:- A draft booklet was circulated to all members prior to the meeting. The document has been proofread and the Clerk will send the updates plus suggestions for additional map landmarks to the Borough for revision. It was also suggested that the booklet refers to additional sources of information such as the Ecclian Society historical booklets and the other EPC leaflets which can be found in the library. The Clerk will ask if this is possible to include.
- Update on the Circular Walks Project:- the work to identify and research the routes is ongoing. The committee reviewed a draft of circular walk 7, which incorporates footpaths 22, 23, 26, 27 and 31 in the Slindon area. A potential parking area off Sytch Lane was identified but believed to be land owned by Network Rail. There were concerns about the uneven rocky surface along the part of footpath 26 that is adjacent to the railway and the need to undertake remedial action to even out the surface and make it suitable for use. This includes the breaking up of large rocks which are a trip hazard. Rotivator hire was discussed. Cllr. Reid advised geocache volunteers would be happy to help to improve footpath accessibility and the offer was gratefully accepted. It was resolved for the Clerk to contact Network Rail to request approval to undertake works on the path, determine if there are any planned works in the area that may clash with any dates for the volunteer works and also to request permission to advertise the space off Sytch Lane for parking.
Footpath 27 was noted to have a missing stile at the Sytch Lane end.
6). To provide an update on the replacement gate at the junction of fp13 and 15.
The gate was ordered in December, with an anticipated 14 week lead time due to unprecedented demand. Once completed Mr. Minshall will arrange to collect and fit the gate.
7). Update on Keep Eccleshall Tidy Team (KETT) and ongoing concerns.
The KETT volunteer work is ongoing. Members agreed it would be a good idea to arrange a special litter pick ahead of the Jubilee week. Some litter was noted by the Community Centre front entrance, but there will be a litter picker in at the weekend to address this.
It was noted that there was a substantial amount of litter between Eccleshall and the entrance to Slindon, where there are no pavements to allow for volunteer picking. The Clerk will request a litter pick by Streetscene.
There was no correspondence for consideration.
9). Items for next meeting
It was advised that the stile at the start of FP20 (Slindon) needs a large repair. This is already on the works schedule with a view to repairing it with the help of County volunteers. The Clerk would look to progress this with Mr. Cole.
10). Date of next meeting:- to be confirmed.
Wednesday 4th May 2022, at 7pm, Eccleshall Community Centre, prior to the Planning committee meeting.
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 7.30pm.