Events Committee Meeting
EVENTS COMMITTEE AGENDA
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council Events Committee will be held on Wednesday 1st March 2023, Eccleshall Community Centre, following the meeting of the Policy and Resources committee.
2. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday, January 4th 2023
3. To receive the notes from the working group and consider any actions arising in addition to the separate agenda items.
4. The Kings Coronation Events:
- Community Picnic 8th May 2023
- To consider and approve an event plan
- To consider and approve costs and providers for entertainment and catering
- To consider and approve costs and providers for extra facilities and services
- Update on booking of children’s inflatables
- To provide an update on events to be delivered by other organisations
- To consider an application to provide a financial contribution towards a street party
5. To provide an update on a plan to deliver a social event at the Community Centre.
- To receive and consider a request from Broughton Parish Rooms to provide financial support towards the Croxton Coronation tea party on Sunday 7th
7. Items for next meeting
Date of next meeting – May 3rd 2023, following a meeting of the P&R committee.
S. J. Worden………
Clerk to the Council – 23/02/2023
ECCLESHALL PARISH COUNCIL – EVENTS COMMITTEE MINUTES – March 1st 2023
A meeting of the Events Committee was held on Wednesday March 1st 2023 at Eccleshall Community Centre at 8.30pm, following the Policy & Resources committee meeting.
Present were: –
Councillor R. Taylor (Chair) Councillor L. Dale
Councillor C. Ryan-Bloor Councillor G. Dale
Councillor P. Jones Councillor. D. Hill
Councillor J. Jones
Mrs S.J. Worden (Clerk)
No apologies were received.
2). To approve the minutes of the Events Committee held on 4th January, 2023:
The minutes, which had been previously circulated, were agreed and signed.
3). To receive the notes from the working group and consider any actions arising in addition to the separate agenda items.
The notes from the working group were circulated with the agenda and noted.
4). Kings Coronation Events – 6-8th May 2023:
Parish Council Coronation Picnic 8th May 2023
- Event Plan. It was resolved to approve the delivery of a Coronation picnic on Monday 8th May 2023, from 12-4pm, in the grounds of Eccleshall Castle, for 700 people plus volunteers, max 800.
- Provision of entertainment: It was resolved to approve booking of entertainment as follows:
- Stafford Brigades Youth Marching Band at a cost of £250
- Alan Williams, singer, at a cost of £200
- Stafford Morris Men, at a cost of £150
- Face Painting and a bubble show at a cost of £310
The Clerk will contact all providers to confirm the booking and obtain the necessary risk assessments, insurance and payment details.
It was noted that the booking of the bouncy castle, assault course and jungle slide (with staff supervision) has already been booked at a cost of £776.50.
- Catering provision:
- Discussions are in progress with the Scouts to provide refreshments at no cost to the Council, with proceeds to be retained by the Scouts.
- It was resolved to approve the booking of an ice cream van to attend the event. 20% of takings will be retained by the Council.
- Provision of additional facilities and services:
- It was resolved to approve booking of 8 standard portaloos and 1 disabled portaloo from Loos Direct at a cost of £660.
- The committee is awaiting a quote from St. Johns Ambulance for provision of first aid. A marquee will be provided for treatment and there will be a room available within the main house if required.
- Marquees – quotations for marquees of different sizes, plus tables and chairs have been obtained and will be booked once requirements have been identified. It was noted that a marquee will be needed for the singer, and marquees with table and chairs for the face painter and first aiders.
- Miscellaneous provisions:
- It was resolved to approve the purchase of:
- 3 rolls of 500m red and white safety tape at a cost of approximately £24
- 10 x 5ft boundary stakes at a cost of £21.58 plus postage.
- 10 ‘Keep Out’ signs at an approximate cost of £3 per sign, details to be provided to the Clerk.
- It was resolved to approve the purchase of:
- Event Logistics:
- Stock of High Vis vests were checked and confirmed satisfactory.
- It was identified that 13 marshals will be required at any one time. If each shift covers 2.5hrs, this will be 26 people needed in total. It was suggested to approach the Ecclians and the Rotary Club for support.
- A litter pick will be conducted during the event.
- P. Jones is requesting the loan of bins.
- Attendees will be asked to bring non glass picnicware.
- The Clerk will contact the grounds maintenance team to ask if a verge cut and rough grass cut could be undertaken in the week prior to the event and obtain a quote.
- A separate parking area will be available for visitors and volunteers.
- Entry Charges:
It was resolved to approve the following charges:
- £2 per ticket (adult and child) with under 2’s free
- £5 per parking ticket, to encourage people to attend on foot if possible.
It was noted that all monies from the sales will be going to charity. Katharine House Hospice is the preferred charity nominated by Eccleshall Castle landowners.
- Financial Support for other Coronation events:
- It was resolved to approve a contribution of £160 to Broughton Parish Rooms towards the Croxton Coronation tea party on Sunday 7th May. This was based on a subsidy of £2 a head for 80 participants.
- It was resolved to approve a contribution of £528 to the Ecclian, towards the Coronation Street Party. The contribution will cover the costs of traffic management signage for the proposed road closure.
(Cllrs. P. Jones and J. Jones left the meeting at this point)
It was resolved to approve production of:
- 700 x A6 tickets for attendees and 100 x A6 tickets for volunteers, of a different background colour to the main tickets. Tickets will be numbered so Creative will need to produce the final design to incorporate this. An A5 information flyer will be produced to hand out with the tickets. Tickets will be sold in the library between 10-12pm, suggested date the 15th
- A separate parking ticket, possibly in a hanger style. Number to be confirmed once the area has been assessed for parking capacity.
- A double sided glossy A5 flyer to be distributed to households within the scope of the local distributor. The flyer will contain details of the picnic, Community Centre evening dance, the street party and the Croxton afternoon tea. The organisers of the street party and the afternoon tea will be contacted to ask for their preferred wording. The clerk will also ask Cllr. Langford if she knows anyone who will distribute flyers in Croxton.
- A summary A4 poster of all 4 events.
The Clerk will produce a summary of budget and expenditure to date for circulation.
A working group meeting was arranged for the 21st March at 10am.
5). To provide an update on a plan to deliver a social event at the Community Centre.
This was not discussed and there are no plans to deliver an event at this time.
The correspondence item relating to a contribution for the Croxton afternoon tea was resolved in item 4.
7). Items for next meeting
Any items can be forwarded to the Clerk.
8). Date of next meeting:-
It was agreed to hold an additional meeting on Wednesday April 5th 2023, following a meeting of the Enhancements Committee.
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 10.10pm