Events Committee Meeting
EVENTS COMMITTEE AGENDA
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the first meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council Events Committee will be held on Wednesday 7th Sept 2022, at Eccleshall Community Centre, following the meeting of the Policy and Resources committee.
2. To elect the Chair and Vice Chair
3. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday, May 4th 2022
4. To review the Jubilee event, receive a budget update and to note any feedback and lessons learned.
5. To provide an update on the Jubilee commemorative programme.
- To consider resident correspondence regarding a proposal for a fun day event in 2023
7. Items for next meeting
8. Date of next meeting – January 4th 2023, To be confirmed.
S. J. Worden………
Clerk to the Council – 01/09/2022
ECCLESHALL PARISH COUNCIL – EVENTS COMMITTEE MINUTES – September 7th , 2022
A meeting of the Events Committee was held on Wednesday September 7th 2022 at Eccleshall Community Centre at 9.00pm, following the Policy & Resources Committee meeting.
Present were: –
Councillor R. Taylor (Chair) Councillor L. Dale
Councillor J. Jones Councillor G. Dale
Councillor P. Jones
Mrs S.J. Worden (Clerk)
Apologies were received from Cllr. Hill.
2). Election of the Chair and Vice- Chair:
Councillor P. Jones took the Chair and requested nominations for Chairman of the Committee. Councillor Taylor was nominated and re-elected as Chair for the ensuing year.
Councillor Taylor requested nominations for Vice-Chair of the committee and Councillor L. Dale was duly re-elected.
3). To approve the minutes of the Events Committee held on 4th May, 2022:
The minutes, which had been previously circulated, were agreed and signed.
4). A review of the Jubilee events, receive a budget update and to note any feedback and lessons learned.
The events were noted to be very successful and the overall project had come in within budget, taking into account any costs outstanding for the commemorative brochure. Comments included:
- it would be beneficial to keep a log of all the arrangements for any future events. The clerk advised this existed for suppliers but to retain volunteer contact details, consent would need to be provided for data protection purposes. Cllr. Taylor would contact those who she had dealt with and Cllr. L. Dale would get in touch with her contacts. The Clerk would provide a consent form.
- There was an issue with the late finish of the street party as the performances ran beyond the end of the road closure. This needed to be highlighted in the future and also look to build in extra time for the road closure period as a contingency.
- It was difficult to recruit the required number of volunteers. It was suggested that it would be worth proactively engaging with local groups, especially youth groups to obtain support and consider what initiatives could be offered.
5). Update on the Jubilee commemorative programme.
A document outlining the proposed content was circulated to all members prior to the meeting. It is intended to be less of a narrative and more of a photobook to provide a visual memory of the Jubilee events for parish residents. Cllr. Taylor will contact those involved to ask if they are happy to be included in the brochure to thank them for their support.
It was proving difficult to obtain photographs for the past celebrations section, to include photographs of the coronation and past Jubilee events.
The review of photos for inclusion is in progress. At present a 20 page document has been considered but it is likely this may expand to 24.
It was resolved to approve the format of the brochure and to approve costs for the design and printing of 3000 copies of a 24 page brochure, 300gsm cover and 150gsm inner in gloss, A4. This is estimated to be £2097 (estimate based on confirmation of design cost).
Correspondence has been received from a resident regarding permission to organise a fund raising event in June 2023 to be held on the Jubilee Playing Fields by Bishops Court, for local charities and organisation to set up stalls. The council was also asked to fund a bouncy castle or similar to support the event. It was noted that in this format, the event would not be run by the EPC and insurance and risk assessments would need to be provided by all those involved. Cllr. Taylor will speak to the resident to find out more information.
Members were in favour of a Parish Council fun day event to be held towards the end of June 2023, as a separate event. It was noted that the date of the Croxton Well Dressing (1st July) should be avoided, as well as the Open Gardens weekend (17/18th June). Other ideas included the delivery of another afternoon tea event. The committee resolved to approve the formation of a working group to explore ideas and contact potential venues for their input. The working party agreed to meet on Monday 7th November to discuss further.
7). Items for next meeting
Any items can be forwarded to the Clerk.
8). Date of next meeting:-
Wednesday January 4th 2023, following a meeting of the Planning Committee
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9.55pm