Events Committee Meeting
EVENTS COMMITTEE AGENDA
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the first meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council Events Committee will be held on Wednesday 2nd March 2022, at Eccleshall Community Centre, following the meeting of the P&R committee. (subject to government guidance by date of meeting).
2. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday, February 2nd 2022
3. To receive an update from the Jubilee Working party meeting regarding ongoing activities
4. To confirm the booking of the play bus and sponsorship arrangements.
5. To provide an update on street party lunch arrangements including the required extent of the road closure and marshalling requirements.
6. To provide an update on the Jubilee beacon lighting, acquisition of gas cylinders and detail logistical arrangements, including approval of ticket costs.
7. To consider and approve the following actions in relation to the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee events:-
- To consider and approve ticket printing costs for Eccleshall and Croxton events
- To consider and approve costs of song sheets for the afternoon teas.
- To consider and approve the cake competition form and printing costs.
- To consider and approve bookings of proposed children’s activities
- To consider and approve the quotation for High Street closure signage and cones
- To confirm quote acceptance and booking confirmation for bouncy castle
- To consider and approve hire costs for road closure signage
- To agree poster content and publicity for the events
8. To consider the scope and approve submission of a grant application for National Lottery funding.
- To receive the correspondence from Eccleshall Library regarding planning for the art exhibition
- To note receipt of the event summary and completed risk assessment for the Eccleshall Health and Wellbeing Geocache event on April 9th.
10. Items for next meeting
11. Date of next meeting
S. J. Worden………
Clerk to the Council – 24/2/2022
ECCLESHALL PARISH COUNCIL – EVENTS COMMITTEE MINUTES – March 2nd, 2022
A meeting of the Events Committee was held on Wednesday March 2nd 2022 at Eccleshall Community Centre at 8.30pm, following the Policy & Resources committee meeting.
Present were: –
Councillor R. Taylor (Chair) Councillor L. Dale
Councillor P. Jones Councillor J. Jones
Councillor G. Dale
Mrs S.J. Worden (Clerk)
Observers: Cllrs. Reid and Hill
Apologies were received from Councillor Amos.
2). To approve the minutes of the Events Committee held on 2 February, 2022:
The minutes, which had been previously circulated, were agreed and signed.
3). To confirm the booking of the play bus and sponsorship arrangement.
The cost of the play bus has been covered by sponsorship by James Du Pavey, who have paid a deposit to secure the booking. The overarching responsibility for the booking is with the Parish Council. The play bus will be sited at the far end of the Community Centre car park on Thursday 2nd June, adjacent to the skate park set up, and can use the electricity at the centre.
4). To receive the notes and updates from the Jubilee Working party meeting regarding ongoing activities
The updates were circulated with the agenda and noted by the committee.
5). To provide an update on street party lunch arrangements including the required extent of the road closure and marshalling requirements
- The Borough Council approved road closure was confirmed to be from just past Kerry Lane to the roundabout at the bottom of the High Street.
- The Police, Fire and Ambulance services have been notified, and the relevant forms submitted to highways. The event will be called ‘The Party on the Street’ and people are able to bring their own seating, tables and food. A list of businesses who are selling food on the day will be collated in advance.
- At least 2 marshals will be required at either end of the street. Cllr. P. Jones will ask the scouts for help, but it was noted adult attendance will also be required.
- Taylor will contact the First Responders to enquire about First Aid support.
- The Clerk will update the letter template used by the Festival (to be circulated 2 weeks prior to the event by Cllr. P. Jones) which provides advance warning and requests support to ensure cars are removed from the High Street prior to the road closure
- Residents will be allowed to set up from 12pm and whilst there will be no rules on where to residents can sit, the presence of marshals will still be helpful to provide assistance.
- The cake competition will be set up under the arches by the Crown surgery. Cllr. Taylor will ask the Royal Oak if they will be able to provide tables. The cakes will be auctioned off at around 1-1.30pm after the competition judging (as advised on the entry form), using the stage/PA system supplied by Martin Peet.
6). To provide an update on the Jubilee beacon lighting, acquisition of gas cylinders and detail logistical arrangements, including approval of ticket costs.
- The Beacon is on order
- New gas bottles are unavailable to purchase due to supplier shortages, but Eccleshall Saddlery has agreed to loan the PC 2 x propane gas bottles and kindly agreed to cover the costs of the gas for at least one of them. Two 13kg bottles provide a burn time of around 1 hour.
- A piper is booked and a siren and church bells will sound prior to the lighting. At present there is no choir booked but Cllr. Hill will ask the WI choir at Broughton to see if they are available.
- Footpath marshals will be asked if they would be kind enough to volunteer any support with the event. Cllr. Hill volunteered to help as one of the gate marshals.
- Tickets are free but limited to 300 due to insurance conditions (plus 8 marshals). Tickets will be available from the library at the same time as the other event tickets and names will be recorded against each ticket issued.
- The Clerk was asked to obtain a quote for qty 10 and 20 tabards, with reflective colours and wording of ‘Eccleshall Platinum Jubilee’ for consideration.
- It was resolved to approve the costs of £45 for design and print of 300 tickets. The Clerk will request a commemorative style, possibly silver, with appropriate logos and images.
7). To consider and approve the following actions in relation to the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee events:-
- It was resolved to approve the printing costs of £10 for the Croxton afternoon tea tickets.
- It was resolved to approve the total design and printing costs of £74 for 3 batches of different tickets for the 2 sessions of afternoon teas and the evening dance at the Community Centre.
- It resolved to approve the printing of 200 copies of an A5 song sheet, subject to confirmation of the cost for the increased number from 100 to 200.
- It was resolved to approve the printing cost of £20 for a double sided entry form for the cake competition.
- It was resolved to approve the supply of traffic management signage, barriers and cones for the road closure from Amberon Ltd at a cost of £300 plus VAT.
- The Clerk confirmed that the quotation for the Bouncy Castle and slides has been accepted and a deposit cheque raised to confirm the booking.
- It was resolved to approve the Clerk to start the promotional activity for the events. The proposed Facebook post was accepted for release with a modification to the event title. Further publicity will include a more detailed poster and media posts listing the main events each day, further promoting the website as a source for all the event listings from all groups. It was suggested that Instagram formatted posts would be helpful.
- A thank you church service and reception will be held at the end of the celebrations and members resolved to purchase champagne flutes that will be held at the Community Centre afterwards for future events. Glass flutes for 50-60p each are available and will be cheaper than hire charges. The Clerk will source and purchase accordingly.
8). To consider the scope and approve submission of a grant application for National Lottery funding
Members resolved to approve the Clerk to submit an application to the ‘Awards for All’ scheme to the value of £2,500. The application will highlight key activities and their impact in addressing exclusion and loneliness in both youth and older residents within the parish.
- To receive the correspondence from Eccleshall Library regarding planning for the art exhibition. G. Dale advised the conversation with the library is ongoing to address their logistical concerns and if not resolved, it will be possible to host the exhibition in the Community Centre. An update will be provided at the next meeting.
- The committee noted the receipt of the event summary and completed risk assessment for the Eccleshall Health and Wellbeing Geocache event on April 9th.
9). Items for next meeting
Any items can be forwarded to the Clerk.
10). Date of next meeting:-
Wednesday 6th April 2022, following a meeting of the Enhancements committee.
A working group meeting is planned for Monday 28th March at 10.15am.
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9.55pm