Events Committee Meeting
EVENTS COMMITTEE AGENDA
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a meeting of Eccleshall Parish Council Events Committee will be held on Wednesday 3rd May 2023, Eccleshall Community Centre, following the meeting of the Planning committee.
2. To approve the minutes of the meeting held on Wednesday, April 5th 2023
3. The Kings Coronation Events:
- Coronation Picnic 8th May 2023
- To receive an update on ticket sales
- To note marshalling arrangements and volunteers
- To consider any final arrangements to be made
- To review expenditure against budget and note receipt of the Stafford Borough Council grant
- No correspondence has been received.
5. Items for next meeting
6. Date of next meeting – September 6th 2023, following a meeting of the Policy and Resources committee.
Clerk to the Council – 26/04/2023
ECCLESHALL PARISH COUNCIL – EVENTS COMMITTEE MINUTES – May 3rd 2023
A meeting of the Events Committee was held on Wednesday May 3rd 2023 at Eccleshall Community Centre at 8.10pm, following the Planning committee meeting.
Present were: –
Councillor R. Taylor (Chair) Councillor L. Dale
Councillor C. Ryan-Bloor Councillor G. Dale
Councillor. D. Hill Councillor P. Jones
Councillor J. Jones
Mrs S.J. Worden (Clerk)
No members of the public
No apologies were received.
2). To approve the minutes of the Events Committee held on 5th April, 2023:
The minutes, which had been previously circulated, were agreed and signed.
3). Kings Coronation Events – 6-8th May 2023:
Parish Council Coronation Picnic 8th May 2023
- Update on tickets sales. The entrance tickets are completely sold out, and 39 car parking tickets are sold. Any remaining car parking tickets will be sold on the day. Concerns were raised about people trying to buy a car park ticket without having any entrance tickets and blocking the entrance. It was agreed that extra people will check tickets prior to entry off the road to avoid problems.
- To note marshalling arrangements and volunteers:
The marshals lists were circulated and agreed. There are 3 teams – each person has a designated role.
- To consider any final arrangements to be made:
- Portaloos are confirmed for delivery the morning of Thursday 4th
- Locations for the entertainers has been planned. The brass band will play a fanfare at the start of the picnic and God Save the King at 4pm.
- The Clerk will find out the delivery time for the Marquees on 5th May
- The Historical Society will be siting a display board under the moat bridge.
- Volunteers will have a list of entertainers/activity providers so entry will be granted without a volunteer ticket.
- It was agreed to ask marshals to help with tidying up post event by asking them to take down any tape in the vicinity of their post after the event finishes.
- A selection of event photos can be published in the summer newsletter.
- To review expenditure against budget and note receipt of the Stafford Borough Council grant.
- A budget summary was provided to the committee and noted. Forecast expenditure is £5,616 against a budget of £6800 (including grants).
- Income from ticket sales will be donated to Katharine House and Eccleshall Scouts.
There was no correspondence received.
5). Items for next meeting
Any items can be forwarded to the Clerk.
6). Date of next meeting:-
The next meeting will be held on Wednesday September 6th 2023, following a meeting of the Policy and Resources Committee.
There being no further business, the Chairman declared the meeting closed at 8.50pm.