Skip to content


There are currently no vacancies within Eccleshall Parish Council.


Be a voice for your community

Want to stand up for where you live or work and make real changes?

If you are over 18, then you are probably eligible to be a parish councillor for the parish where you live or work.

Eccleshall Parish Council meets regularly to make decisions on the work and direction of the council. As an elected body the work of a Parish Council involves delivering services to meet local needs, striving to improve the quality of life in the parish and representing the local community.

Eccleshall Parish Council is not a political body and is made up of 15 councillors representing four wards – Eccleshall, Croxton, Horsley and Slindon.

The Parish Council meets on the third Wednesday in every month, with the exception of August and December. The Planning Committee meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month. Additional committees dealing with Traffic Management, Enhancements, Policy and Resources, Events and Footpaths meet approximately every 2-3 months.

In order to become a Parish Councillor, you need to be 18 or over, and a British citizen, a Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of a European Union country

In order to apply for a position within Eccleshall Parish, you also need to answer Yes to at least one of the following questions:

Are you on the electoral register for the parish of Eccleshall?
Have you lived either in the parish of Eccleshall, or within three miles of its boundary, for at least a year?
Have you been the owner or tenant of land in the parish of Eccleshall for at least a year?
Have you had your only or main place of work in parish of Eccleshall for at least a year?

You must be able to answer No to the questions below to be eligible to serve as a councillor:

Are you the subject of a bankruptcy restrictions order or interim order?
Have you within the last five years been convicted of an offence in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man which resulted in a sentence of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) for a period of three months or more without the option of a fine?
Are you disqualified by order of a court from being a member of a local authority?